Skywonder in Kortrijk is approaching very fast now! Only 1 more month to go and we're there.
In order to promote our presence there, we start having some contests on our social media starting
on Monday 27th February 2017. All social media will be affected, such as Facebook, the website and
of course our forum. If you don't follow us on one of the media, get quickly to it because there will
be a possibility to win prices!
IVAO BeLux Region
Real Flight Event - February 2017 NOTAM
Stay in Touch!
Brussels Real Flight Event
Brussels Flight Simulators
On Saturday and Sunday 25 & 26th of February. IVAO BeLux will be in Zaventem at Brussels Flight Simulators. For two entire days, Brussels Flight Simulators will open its doors & its Boeing 737NG cockpit to flying passionnates from all over Belgium & beyond. In the meantime, IVAO BeLux will open ATC positions so you can fly the 737 Flight Simulator with virtual ATC service.
Interested in flying the 737ng sim?
On both days, Brussels Flight Simulators will open their 737NG Simulator for half price! This simulator is very realistic and well equipped. If you've always wanted to fly an airliner, join us on the 25 & 26th and give it a try! The simulator will be connected to IVAO during the flights and you will be able to simulate real communications in flight.
Interested in doing atc for the rfe?
On Sunday our members will gather in one of Brussels Flight Simulators' room with all their computers and provide ATC Service for the Real Flight Event. If you would like to join us please click on the link below to register.
ATC Participation →
You are not on IVAO but you would like to come and observe?
You are not registered on IVAO yet but you would like to join us and have a look at how the flights will be controlled and how the simulator works? Feel free to join us at Brussels Flight Simulators.
The BeLux Staff Team.
The division is still urgently looking for a Special Operations Coordinator.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDaily routine in the Special Operations Department in cooperation with the SOAC and SOD
- Creating military SOPs;
- Creating and maintaining military Sectorfiles in conjunction with ATC Operations & FIR Chiefs;
- Publishing and maintaining military pilot/atc quickviews;
- Organising and holding at least 4 special operations events over the course of the year in conjunction with the HQ SO Department and the BE Events Department;
- Creating Special Operations division tour and assisting with validation;
- Setting the military facility ratings of the division in conjunction with other departments;
- Maintaining the special operations airport database;
- Approving and publishing military LOAs in conjunction with ATC Operations & FIR Chiefs.
REQUIREMENTSThe candidate must fulfil the following basic requirements:
- Be, before the end of the submission of candidatures period, at least 18 years old (an ID prove could be requested in case of doubt);
- Be a member of IVAO for at least 6 months before the end of the submission of candidatures period;
- Have a minimum rating of Aerodrome Controller or Private Pilot;
- Have a knowledge of the organisation, its functioning and structure;
- Enthusiastic and willing to make a positive impact to the Belgium Special Operations Department and IVAO;
- Have a fluent capability for speaking and writing in English and Dutch. Having knowledge of the other official Belgian languages can be an asset.
Applications can be send to xb-hq @ ivao.aero.
Pilots who have fly the Belgian CHALLENGE TOUR 2016 report again your LEGS in MODA.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM SEND EMAIL TO XB-EC with your VID soon as possible.
I will check your reported legs and make a copy for report again in MODA.
THERE WAS some problems and I need to reinstall in MODA, so all reported data from BELGIAN CHALLENGE TOUR 2016 was gone.
SORRY FOR loss data.
The official planning of IVAO BeLux participation during the SkyWonder Expo has started.
Together with Flight Simulator Club Belgium we will be responsible for the organisation of the so called Sim Corner.
I don't know how many of you saw our latest set-up at Belgocontrol where we opened up 3 ATC stations on site and 2 pilot stations. On one ATC station (Tower) and on the two pilot stations we would let the audience take a seat and experience what we do on IVAO.
This concept was a great success and it is this concept that SkyWonder would like us to do during their Expo.
So to make this work, and to have a spectacular Sim Corner we are looking for motivated members who are willing to help us out on that day.
We need quite a few people to man the controller positions and pilot stations. More over, we need people who would love to bring their ATC or Pilot set-up to the expo in order to have as many stations available as possible so we have filled Sim Corner. Of course the idea is to keep this Sim Corner interactive so you should let the audience take control of your plane and help them with landing or taking-off!
But you are not alone on this, the majority of the BeLux Staff will be there as well to help you out as well and all of this will be thoroughly planned.
So, do you have time during the weekend of 25th and 26th March 2017 (preferably both days) and do you want to help us promote IVAO to the outside world and attract new members?
Then send us a mail to xb-dir @ ivao.aero with "SkyWonder" in the subject line! The more people apply, the better show we can perform!
Today we released some new documents regarding the phraseology to be used when in a conversation between a pilot and a controller.
Every position has his own document explaining in detail what's expected by a controller on a certain position.
We invite you all to take a look at it, step by step, to increase your professionalism and quality as an ATCo.
A document for ACC will be available later this year.
Documents are available on the website: http://ivao.be/training-atcdocs